Meeting attended by 14 people.
As of 29th 11 events will happen for sure. They are as follows (Chronological Order):
- Launch event/s – 1st October
- Garage sale – 8th October
- Queer at Work – 14th October
- Film Screening by CONQUEER – 11th November
- Transgender remembrance day – 20th November
- Press Conference – 24th November
- Diversity Carnival – 25th November
- Panel Discussion – Payana to get back
- Pride March – 26th November
- Hemmeya Sanje – 26th November
- Diversity Fair – Queer Campus to get back (22nd October?)
Suggestions for events:
- Theatre festival – Local groups/Theatre collectives – Saravana and Rumi to get back to the team. As this is the 10th Pride festival, it would be good to have something like this.
- Dance/Folk festival – separate from all the Launch events’ performances – again as a special set of events inviting performers from outside the city. This can also be a regional event – Kumar to get back
Bank account in the name of Namma Pride not possible as it is necessary to get a PAN Card in that name. Yash’s account to be used this year.
The Google sheet with all details of events to be shared by Ayaan by Wednesday.
Route: Same as last year – Tulsi Park – Railway Station – Ananda Rao Circle – Freedom Park – Mysore Bank Circle – Corporation Circle – Samsa Bhavan.
Yash and Kumar to coordinate permissions.
Date for demands list meeting to be decided. Has to be on a Sunday closer to Pride Month.
Samara is willing to organise a workshop on Sexual Health. Rishi to also take a lead on this.
The target budget has been increased to 6 lacs as the intent is to have 2 district pride marches this year.