The meeting began at 6:15 pm. It was attended by 7 people. The meeting began at 6:15 pm. It was attended by 7 people. The meeting began with a small recap of what happened in the last one and what happened during the week since.
- Those who attend the meeting decide what will happen at the festivities
- If there are problems with the way things are shaping up, each meeting should have a discussion to solve problems and move on from that.
Questions to the group:
- Where are we on the video shoot – Falana Films to be contacted. The film needs to be re-shot. The old film to be put on Milaap.
- Is there anyone willing to take the lead of the media/documentation/Design team? If no one is taking the lead, the group that meets will assign team leads and members. Anurag volunteered to be a part of the Media team
Proceedings of the meeting:
The theatre and dance festival were felt a sgood for this year’s pride celebrations. Being the 10th year, it would be significant to have queer performances from outside the city as well as within. This festival is seen as a 2-3 day event that can be ticketed and programmed as a Fundraiser. A lot of discussion here and these are the decisions/points of consensus:
- These two festivals can be organised under the banner of Hemmeya Sanje
- The list will include all performers from the community, focusing on regional dance, music and theatre productions.
- The reason for having this separate set of events was that the 10th year of Pride should be commemorated by more inclusive events.
The Google sheet required to list all events and team members is to be prepared – this has been done.
Akshay to turn in the write-up about accessibility team’s agenda and what they will be doing. This was to come in by Sunday.
There was also a discussion on Hemmeya Sanje and its failure as an event. The problem was that the event was after the Pride Parade and most of the crowd dispersed. Very few people attended and therefore this event can be scheduled on a day when people will not be tired from all the walking. Let’s not forget it’s a long route!
As for the amount of support the fundraiser events should give to the Collection: 80% of the funds raised to go to Pride. The choice is with the organisers of the Fundraiser to give 80% or 100% of funds raised. the 90-10 option was vetoed. Apart from this there was the suggestion of getting entire events sponsored by people – as part of the fundraising activities
Call for Volunteers, Funds and events to be put out on Social Media. Ritesh to take a lead for this.
Also discussed were the status of District events – There will be 5 events across certain districts. All information to be provided to us by the next meeting. District pride parades on hold for the moment. These will happen based on interest generated at the district level as well as volunteers to make it happen- Yash is on this project.
Permission for marching on the specified route – this process will begin in the first week of September.
Next meeting – filter out those not attending the meetings regularly from the whatsapp group.Events:
- 22nd Octover – Queer Campus to hold the Carnival
- Bangalore Polycules group to have an event – Panel discussion or film screening or open mic. It will be a fundraiser.