10th Pride Planning Meeting – 23.09.2017

Dear All

” Invitation for 10th Planning meeting of Namma Pride 2017 ”

The 10th pride planning meeting will be held on 23th Sept 2017 at 5.30pm to 7.30 pm. at ALF Bangalore, Please do attend the meeting and give your suggestion.

We request all the team leaders and event incharge persons to be part of this meeting without fail.

Meeting Date : 23th Sept 2017
Meeting Timings : 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Meeting Venue : Alternative Law Forum ( ALF )
Infantry Road, Shivajinagar,Bangalore – 560001

For More details regarding meeting or to reach the venue please feel to contact our team member Yash Sharma :9535100902 & Ayaan Syed :9916278241

For More Details and Updates Regarding Namma Pride Please Do Visit our Website : www.nammapride.lgbtq.co.in

Thanks
With Regards
Namma Pride Team

9th Pride Planning Meeting Minutes – 16.09.2017

11 People attended this meeting

Agenda:

  • Scheduling of events
  • Discussing Money matters

Discussion:

One of the first things discussed was date and time for the Demands generation meeting. It was decided that this will be held on the 15th of October at ISI in Benson Town. Towards this the following needs to be done:

  • Circulate a note inviting various groups for the meeting
  • Booking the venue
  • Arranging for refreshments

The above will be handled by the Namma Pride core team

On Monday, 18th September, there is a meeting at the Canadian Consulate/Council. The agenda of this meeting is to see how the CC can help Namma Pride. This will be attended by the following:

  • Ayaan
  • Yash
  • Kris
  • Riyana
  • Madhumita

Work towards getting the route permission for Namma Pride March need to begin. Yash to take a lead on this and start from next week onwards – Volunteers for this can come from the team to help

Yash also to take care of accounts and make the appropriate announcements

Housekeeping: All team members and participants to share link and information about the fundraising campaign – we are very behind on this.

Rohini and Kris to take the work of finding designers for creating collateral material

A call for participation in the video needs to be sent out. For now the following are going to be participating:

  • Riyana
  • Rohini
  • Kris
  • Sumitra
  • Ayaan
  • Madhumita

Rohini to check the following venue – Grounds opposite Jain University. This is for the Diversity Carnival.

Events that Vinay had suggested to be placed in the calendar

Schedule of events:

17th September Potluck (Findraiser)
7th October Launch of Namma Pride Festival
14th October Queer At Work Event
15th October Drafting Demands of this year’s Namma Pride March
QAAF Event – Film Screening
21st October (Untitled)
22nd October Carnival
28th October IYCN event – environment and climate change
29th October Qaaf Festival
4th November Accessibility
5th November Workshop on Sexual health/HIV Awareness
12th November Garage sale
11th November Badminton
Film Screening
17th November Panel Discussion
19th November Diverse Identities Panel Discussion
20th November Transgender Remembrance Day
22nd November Launch of District Pride events
24th November Shabda
Press Conference
25th November Diversity Fair/Carnival
26th November Namma Pride March
Hemmeya Sanje

9th Pride Planning Meeting – 16.09.2017

Dear All
” Invitation for 9th Planning meeting of Namma Pride 2017 ”

The 9th pride planning meeting will be held on 16th Sept 2017 at 5.30pm to 7.30 pm. at ALF Terrace Bangalore, Please do attend the meeting and give your suggestion.

We request all the team leaders and event incharge persons to be part of this meeting without fail.

Meeting Date : 16th Sept 2017
Meeting Timings : 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Meeting Venue : Alternative Law Forum terrace ( ALF )
Infantry Road, Shivajinagar,Bangalore – 560001

For More details regarding meeting or to reach the venue please feel to contact our team member Yash Sharma :9535100902 & Ayaan Syed :9916278241

Note : There is other meeting happening at Alf on the same day from 5.30 pm onwards please use the back side gate to come upstairs and please maintain silence while coming and going and please do make sure not to disturb the other meeting as it’s very sensitive meeting

For More Details and Updates Regarding Namma Pride Please Do  Visit our Website : www.nammapride.lgbtq.co.in

Thanks
With Regards
Namma Pride Team

8th Pride Planning Meeting Minutes – 09.09.2017

The meeting started around 6:30 and we had a total of 14 attendees. The following points were discussed:The meeting started around 6:30 and we had a total of 14 attendees. The following points were discussed: 1. Currently the donation amount stands at (Nakul to update). We need to raise more for the Pride launch on Oct 1st. Everyone needs to share Pride messages on individual network 2. Theme for this year’s Pride is ” Be Proud to be You” 3. We will use the same route as last year. Nakul is working to get permission finalized for this. Further permission also needs to be taken for cabs for People with Disability who will be participating. 4. The Following events have been finalized for now: a. Oct 14 – Queer at Work – To be organized by Corporate team b. Nov 4 – See the world through touch – To be organized by Accessibility team (For visually impaired people) c. Nov 17 – Diverse Panel Discussion – At Mount Carmel College  5. Merchandise for Pride is ready. This needs to be shared with various groups and the profits to be shared back with Pride 6. Marketing team needs to share an update on the marketing plan 7. Ayaan will be hosting parties from next week. This will include : a. Queer Potluck – 17th Sep b. Karaoke Night – TBA c. Drag Show – TBA

8th Pride Planning Meeting – 09.09.2017

Dear All
” Invitation for 8th Planning meeting of Namma Pride 2017 ”

The 8th pride planning meeting will be held on 9th Sept 2017 at 5.30pm to 7.30 pm. at ALF Bangalore, Please do attend the meeting and give your suggestion.

Meeting Date : 9th Sept 2017
Meeting Timings : 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Meeting Venue : Alternative Law Forum ( ALF )
Infantry Road, Shivajinagar,Bangalore – 560001

For More details regarding meeting or to reach the venue please feel to contact our team member Yash Sharma :9535100902 & Ayaan Syed :9916278241

For More Details and Updates Regarding Namma Pride  Please  Do  Visit our Website : www.nammapride.lgbtq.co.in

Thanks
With Regards
Namma Pride Team

7th Pride Planning Meeting – 04.09.2017

Dear All
” Invitation for 7th Planning meeting of Namma Pride 2017 ”

The 7th pride planning meeting will be held on 4th Sept 2017 at 6.00pm to 8.00 pm. at ALF Bangalore, Please do attend the meeting and give your suggestion.

Meeting Date : 4th Sept 2017
Meeting Timings : 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Meeting Venue : Alternative Law Forum ( ALF )
Infantry Road, Shivajinagar,Bangalore – 560001

For More details regarding meeting or to reach the venue please feel to contact our team member Yash Sharma :9535100902 & Ayaan Syed :9916278241

For More Details and Updates Regarding Namma Pride  Please  Do  Visit our Website : www.nammapride.lgbtq.co.in

Thanks
With Regards
Namma Pride Team

6th Pride Planning Meeting Minutes – 19.08.2017

9 People attended this meeting

After going over what needs to be done for the Pride festival, there were a lot of gaps found in teams and team management.

Yash to send last year’s promotional video to me to upload on the Milaap campaign page

Went over the rules and regulations for the Pride Parade; Edited document will be circulated by Monday evening. All documents are on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0By199gxD6OgaT0tKTGUxMU9rX2M

Route for Bikes – this has to be a little different from the walking route as some of the roads are one way and would prove difficult to navigate – Alternative route to be planned; Dolly to be contacted on this.

Ram has volunteered his services as social media team lead – in this matter, interns will be recruited from colleges to help –
• Anahita and QC are on this assignment (4-5 people are needed to handle the media team)
• Ram will also need access to the facebook page as well as other social media handles. Ayaan and Romal have the access and will be requested to give Ram the details
• Anand Sridhar also has access to some social media pages/handles. Someone to reach out to him for access.

Design team –
• Manish has offered to contact his friend Vishal to lead the design team
• Here also there is the option of recruiting students from various colleges as interns for the duration of the Planning and execution process – Anahita and QC are on this assignment (4-5 people are needed to handle the design team).

Students who are taken on as interns will be given a certificate for the same.

Making the list of demands
• This meeting to happen on the 24th or 30th of September –
• Dates to be circulated and decision on final date and venue to be made on the 10th of September

Request from Vinay Chandran, ASQ and a few other organizations
• Place 2 events on the Pride calendar
1. Event for Parents and relatives of Queer people (PFLAG?)
2. One to discuss mental health issues. Dates have been given to Vinay.

Ayaan took on a few responsibilities and we need an update:
• 2 flags required for the parade
• Sharing Social Media access
• Dates for parties? or is this not going on the calendar?
• Diversity Carnival – No updates. Plan B- Yash to coordinate this event (There is an empty stretch on Maharani College Road that may be Ideal. One of the team to go check this).

Rohini to speak with Romal, Kareem and Priyank – she has the agenda.

There will be 3 events concerning diverse identities and diversity issues:
• The panel discussion by Payana
• The Poly group panel
• An event at Mount Carmel college – 17th November – 11:00 am. We need a budget for this

Regarding Political parties and tie-ups/support
• This discussion is on the agenda for the next meeting as very few attended this one.
• We have the next 2 months to decide what needs to be done here.
• The gist: Putting forth our demands to these political parties and affiliated organizations to see how they can help? I hope I got this right?

The archive of footage and images put together by Amrita and Neeraj will need to be rebooted; Who can take on this responsibility? Sukhdeep Singh also has put up a wikipedia page about 9 years of Namma Pride. All this needs to be checked on.

I put forth the idea of having a seminar and panel discussion on Pride and how it has been organised thus far. This can be a discussion to be had over the next 2-3 meetings to see if it is a feasible idea.

Event dates:
• 28th October – IYCN’s event on awareness building in Climate Change – daylong event. Manish to take the lead.
• 17th November – Diversity/Diverse identities Panel at Mount Carmel College
• 24th November – Writing workshop – Rohini

Agenda for the next meeting (Main points)
• Media team needs to be put in place as a high priority – the team lead needs to volunteer services
• All Team leads to be present to take stock of what needs to be done.

6th Pride Planning Meeting – 19.08.2017

Dear All

” Invitation for 6th Planning meeting of Namma Pride 2017 ”

The 6th pride planning meeting will be held on 19th Aug 2017 at 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm. at ALF Bangalore, Please do attend the meeting and give your suggestion.

Meeting Date : 19th Aug 2017
Meeting Timings : 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Meeting Venue : Alternative Law Forum ( ALF )
Infantry Road, Shivajinagar,Bangalore – 560001

For More details regarding meeting or to reach the venue please feel to contact our team member Yash Sharma :9535100902 & Ayaan Syed :9916278241

For More Details and Updates Regarding Namma Pride  Please  Do  Visit our Website : www.nammapride.lgbtq.co.in

Thanks
With Regards
Namma Pride Team

5th Pride Planning Meeting Minutes – 12.08.2017

Main points discussed were scheduling events and team leads/membersMain points discussed were scheduling events and team leads/membersFinal Budget – 6 lakhs
Communication tasks
• An email is to be sent to the Canadian Consulate about the possibility of a Venue and film Screening• E mail to be sent to Corporates (Ritesh) by September • Yash and Ayaan to talk to Romal and Soumya about media and political parties.
There was a suggestion for a regional Dance/Folk Festival
• Location: Hubli; • This festival would be related to Trans Culture prevalent in the region. This will be clubbed with other events, for example QAF. • List of artists for the above to be provided by Kumar by the deadline.• Saravana also suggested a street play for which details will be provided by the deadline.
Decisions:
• Social Media team to be led by Ram – All promotional work• With regards to the accessibility team – a write-up needs to be sent in by Kamalesh about accessibility• Romal to share source files and other material for collaterals with Winona and the core team. This is to be sent to MIST for producing all collateral materials. Shyam to get back about this as well• Anahita: Regional events at MCC – request the college Admin; Sponsoring artists – make enquiries; Panel Discussion – Get Students to attend the panel discussion outside of campus• Video – team lead: Kris; Ideas about video to be mailed to Kris. Yash to give footage to video team from previous years.  – Aarti to get back about budget? The same jingle  as last year to be used – Airtel to have it as a ringtone/ Caller tune• 10,000 to be added to the accessibility Budget• CONQUEER to organise 5 fundraising parties – 100% funds to go to Pride kitty• Revisions to Guidelines t be made – No inclusion of political parties; Individuals free to march with the parade;
Dates:
• 22nd October – QC Carnival• 25th November – Diversity Fair• 4th November: Accessibility Team event; recording Audiobooks for visually impaired students; Location to be confirmed. • Bijapur district pride – 5th November, Sunday
Some rules:
• Every event must have accessibility write-up and related contact information• All event venues to be vetted for accessibility before deciding to carry on with plans.

5th Pride Planning Meeting – 12.08.2017

Dear All,

” Invitation for 5th Planning meeting of Namma Pride 2017 ”

The 5th pride planning meeting will be held on 12th Aug 2017 at 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm. at ALF Bangalore. Please do attend the meeting and give your suggestions.

Date : 12th Aug 2017
Timings : 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Venue : Alternative Law Forum ( ALF ), Infantry Road, Shivajinagar,Bangalore – 560001

For details regarding meeting or to reach the venue please feel to contact our team member Yash Sharma : 9535100902 & Ayaan Syed : 9916278241

For More Details and Updates Regarding Namma Pride Please do visit our Website : www.nammapride.lgbtq.co.in

Thanks
With Regards
Namma Pride Team